Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Due 3/17

***We will not have class in person, but we WILL have online class Tuesday from 12:00-3:00!**  Please be sure to have Google Hangouts on your device or computer.  I would like to make sure to try connecting with you in advance before class begins on Tuesday.  I'll text you Friday to help you set things up!  By the way, we did this for three students on Thursday who could not come to class, and it worked perfectly!  Yay!***

We also cannot go to the movie theater on Tuesday.  Social distancing is needed to keep the virus from spreading through our community, so we need to avoid crowds!


Science
  • Read the Quest Guide vocabulary for chapter 23.
  • Read chapter 23, taking notes on the chapter as you read.
  • Research one of the following and create an informative poster, PowerPoint, or essay on your topic.
  •   If you would like to do a Power Point presentation, please send it to me before Monday night so I can have it ready to present on Google Hangouts.  :-)  If you'd like, you can even send me a good picture of your poster and I can have a digital version to display during your presentation!  Actually, even if you write an essay.... send me a copy by Monday night so I can display it online via screenshare while you present!
    • The Book of Kells (illuminated manuscript created by Irish monks)
    • Omar Khayyam (mathematician and astronomer) & his Rubaiyats (short poems)
    • Marco Polo
    • Chinese technology and inventions during the Middle Ages
    • Gregorian Chants
    • St. Augustine
    • Aryabhata (Hindu astronomer and mathematician)


Grammar
  • Complete lesson 88 (only the Practice section)
  • Complete lesson 89, 90, and 91
  • Check your work and mark any tricky problems with a star.  
    • As always, let me know if you get stuck on anything and I can help you!


Literature

No comments:

Post a Comment